Job Description – Project Manager
Steele & Freeman has a rich tradition of delivering excellence on every project and interaction whether it be with a client or subcontractor. We work as a team to provide unparalleled leadership on our projects to make every project enjoyable and rewarding for the client. We work as their guide and advocate so they can successfully deliver the facility to their stakeholders.
Steele & Freeman has an award-winning culture and has been named to Fort Worth’s Best Companies to work for in consecutive year. We are proud of our 23 Fundamentals that use every day to provide consistent project excellence and wow factor to our clients. It starts with the “Can-Do” spirit. Can-Do spirit is the willingness and enthusiasm to be positive and resourceful so you can say yes to nearly any client request.
We are looking for an experienced Construction Project Manager (3-5 years of municipal/K-12 experience preferred) to plan and supervise a wide range of construction projects from start to finish. You will organize and oversee construction procedures and ensure they are completed in a timely and efficient manner.
An excellent Construction Project Manager must be well-versed in all construction methodologies and procedures and able to coordinate a team of professionals of different disciplines to achieve the best results. The ideal candidate will have an analytical mind and great organizational skills.
The goal will be to ensure all projects are delivered on time according to requirements and without exceeding budget.
- Collaborate with engineers, architects etc. to determine the specifications of the project
- Negotiate contracts with external vendors to reach profitable agreements
- Obtain permits and licenses from appropriate authorities
- Determine needed resources (manpower, equipment and materials) from start to finish with attention to budgetary limitations
- Plan all construction operations and schedule intermediate phases to ensure deadlines will be met
- Acquire equipment and material and monitor stocks to timely handle inadequacies
- Hire contractors and other staff and allocate responsibilities
- Supervise the work of laborers, mechanics etc. and give them guidance when needed
- Evaluate progress and prepare detailed reports
- Ensure adherence to all health and safety standards and report issues
- Proven experience as construction project manager
- In-depth understanding of construction procedures and material and project management principles
- Familiarity with quality and health and safety standards
- Good knowledge of MS Office
- Familiarity with construction/ project management software
- Outstanding communication and negotiation skills
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- A team player with leadership abilities
- BSc/BA in engineering, building science or relevant field
- PMP or equivalent certification will be an advantage