We are proud to announce that our Director of Business Administration Reilly Freeman was recognized as a 2022 Fort Worth 40 Under 40 Award Winner! This accomplishment awarded by Fort Worth Business Press recognizes outstanding young leaders in Fort Worth and at 25, Reilly is the youngest award winner this year. He is also the first second-generation 40 Under 40 winner, with President Michael Freeman having been awarded this honor in 2003. We are proud to have these wonderful leaders at Steele & Freeman! You can read more about Reilly in his feature in the latest issue of the Fort Worth Business Press: https://fortworthbusiness.com/40-under-40/2022/reilly-freeman-25/
We are honored to announce that we were named 6th in the Best Companies To Work For in Fort Worth medium companies category by FW Inc.! This is our fifth consecutive year to be selected as a Best Company, an award that is largely dependent on employee feedback and satisfaction. #TeamTeamTeam #BestCompaniesFW
We are a proud partner of Denton ISD and are dedicated to providing legendary service to our clients. Superintendent Gary is an excellent example of this service and we are proud to have him on our team!
This year’s AIA Fort Worth Golf Tournament was one for the books! It is always an honor and pleasure to be a sponsor of the tournament and to continue our long-time partnership with AIA Fort Worth.
Members of the Can-Do Crew rode for the brand at the recent Fort Worth Stockshow Syndicate Cowtown Smokedown event! Steele & Freeman brought out their best BBQ skills for a fun-filled day of food and music to support the Syndicate’s mission to make the dreams of young livestock exhibitors come true through educational scholarships. #TeamTeamTeam #RideForTheBrand
We had a great time with the City of Waxahachie at their beam signing ceremony! Current and former City Council Members and construction staff were able to leave their mark permanently on the new Waxahachie City Hall Annex.
Congratulations to our client the City of Granbury on the grand opening of their new Police Department! This new facility will provide the police department with an updated space with room to grow into.
We had a great time celebrating with our client Union Gospel Mission of Tarrant County on the groundbreaking of their new community outreach center! The new 27,000 SF facility will help Union Gospel to continue their mission of service as well as providing spaces for their training programs. Design by Schwartz Hanson Architects.
Our project managers and superintendents had the opportunity to tour our Bedford Generations Park project last week! This workshop gave them the opportunity to tour a site different from their own to #BeRelentlessAboutImprovement and learn about different construction types and techniques. They are pictured touring the indoor aquatics center and fitness area for the Bedford Generations Park! #TeamTeamTeam
We are proud to announce that our City of Hurst, Animal Shelter and Dog Park project won the TEXO, Distinguished Building Award for the Building 3 ($5-10M) category! This is a great accomplishment and is a reflection of our hard-working team including Ron Hobbs Architects, City of Hurst and our subcontractors. Congratulations to everyone involved! #TeamTeamTeam
Steele & Freeman is seeking a full-time Marketing Assistant who thrives in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment working within a team. The Marketing Assistant will work closely with the Marketing Manager and Executives. This position requires a candidate with strong organizational skills, who is detail-oriented, takes initiative, is committed to client service, is poised under pressure and has a positive, flexible attitude.
Steele & Freeman has an award-winning culture and has been name one of “Fort Worth’s Best Companies to Work For” for four consecutive years. We are proud of our 23 Fundamentals that we use every day to provide consistent project excellence and a wow factor to our clients. It starts with the “Can-Do” spirit. Can-Do spirit is the willingness and enthusiasm to be positive and resourceful so you can say yes to nearly any client request.
- Must adhere to all 23 company Fundamentals.
- Four-year college degree in Marketing, Communications or related field
- Proficient with Adobe Suite specifically InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Oral and written communication skills
- Social media and photography experience
- Anticipate upcoming activities and prepare appropriately
- High attention to detail and timelines
- Establish and ensure deadlines for timely completion of projects
- Prioritize multiple projects and adjust accordingly
- Strong work ethic and a “Can-Do” spirit
- Assisting with corporate marketing efforts including proactive marketing, branding and strategic pursuits resulting in statements of qualifications, proposals and presentations.
- Marketing data management
- Assisting with company events, award nominations, social media campaigns, sponsorships, and internal communications such as the email updates, photography shoots and other branding tasks
- Marketing orders/apparel management
We are making progress on our City of Waxahachie City Hall Annex project! All grade beams have been placed, subsoil drainage, backfill and underground plumbing are complete. Utilities along South Rogers Street are ongoing.
Part Time or Full Time Intern / Drone Pilot
Steele & Freeman, Inc, a Fort Worth Construction Management company is looking for an Intern / Drone Pilot to assist with our quality management program. You will organize and oversee drone operations to record and report field conditions to our project teams. Field conditions will be compared to contract document and results will be communicated to the Project Manager in a timely and efficient manner. An excellent Intern / Drone Pilot must be well-versed in drone operations, a drone pilot license FAA Part 107 is a plus. If candidates do not possess a drone pilot license, one will need to be acquired. Intern / Drone Pilot will be responsible for providing their own dependable transportation. The ideal candidate will be punctual and have strong communications skills.
WE ARE HIRING! Steele & Freeman is currently accepting resumes for a Safety Director with 10+ years of commercial construction experience. Bilingual/Spanish is preferred. We are proud to have been named a “Best Company To Work For in Fort Worth” for the last four years! Send your resumes to email@example.com. Direct hire only! Recruiters will not receive a response. See below for the full job description:
The Safety Director is responsible for ensuring the overall working conditions, compliance with local and corporate occupational safety and health regulations, and procedures. Responsibilities include building support through aligning with operations to develop vision and strategy to enhance our Pro-Active Safety Program. reporting to the leadership team, this position will lead the SFI’s Pro-Active Safety Program and development of our team members.
Major Duties & Responsibilities Include:
- Directs and administers specific functions of the Pro-Active Safety Program for the company.
- Creates, evaluates, educates, and administers the Pro-Active Safety Program deployment on projects.
- Conducts surveys, evaluations, inspections, and investigations of incidents and activities; communicates the same to appropriate entities within the organization.
- Ability to create and effectively deliver safety training.
- Excellent leadership skills relating to management of a large team of professionals – including delegation, optimal deployment of resources, and development of team skills.
- Partner with the organization’s senior leadership to ensure alignment of the safety functions to the business objectives, create organizational level strategies to support safety programs for team members, clients, and subcontract partners.
Additional Duties & Responsibilities:
- Refines working knowledge of safety programs by applying safety procedures.
- Participates in monitoring and controlling safety standards.
- Prepares, maintains, and retrieves records, reports, or documents that may be required to meet corporate or regulatory requirements, including monitoring application of OSHA Safety Standards.
- Promotes safety awareness and fosters this awareness throughout the company, project, or office.
- Promotes an Incident Free Environment (IFE) and cultivates SFI’s culture between team members, clients, and subcontractors.
- Participates and develops safety initiatives with SFI Safety Committee members.
- Participates and provides representation in local, external safety organizations as well as outreach within local construction industry forums.
Key Skills & Abilities:
- Be A Leader: Proven ability to share visions, build team support and drive action through excellent communication and influencing skills.
- Team, Team, Team: Willing to challenge and be challenged to effectively partner with all levels of operations (from the project delivery teams to senior leadership) to achieve an IFE.
- Invest In Relationships: Build relationships at all levels of the organization through a genuine care for life; approachable and transparent.
- Be The Expert: Ability to critically analyze data to identify trends and translate results into action through innovative thinking.
- Regionally Connected: Demonstrated ability to build and foster relationships with regional partners (subcontractors, clients, and competition). Bilingual/Spanish preferred.
Job Skills & Abilities:
- 10+ years of experience in the safety profession, specifically supporting large commercial construction projects in diverse market sectors.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or 15 years’ experience in the commercial construction industry.
- Good computer knowledge and efficiency, including but not limited to, Microsoft Office products.
- Great understanding of commercial construction and general industry.
- Holder of an OSHA 500 Train the Trainer certificate or the ability to obtain in first 6 months of employment.
- CHSO certificate for Construction and General Industry or the ability to obtain in the first 6 months of employment.
- First Aid/CPR Certified Trainer.
We’d like to introduce you to our new team member, Superintendent Guy! Guy brings 20 years of municipal experience to the Can-Do Crew.
We are honored to announce that our CHROMA Modern Eyewear Eyecare project won the TEXO Distinguished Building Award for the Building 1 ($0-2M) category! This is a great accomplishment for our dedicated team including Ibanez Shaw Architecture and all of our subcontractors. Congratulations to everyone who was involved in this award-winning project!
Photos by Chad Davis Photography.
WE ARE HIRING! We are currently accepting resumes for Project Managers with municipal and K-12 experience. We are proud to have been named a “Best Company To Work For in Fort Worth” for the last three years! Send your resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. Direct hire only! Recruiters will not receive a response.
We are delighted to announce that we have been awarded the NAWIC Builds Excellence Award for our Roanoke City Hall Project! This is a national award and is based on innovation, safety, sustainability, value and project team connections to the NAWIC organization. NAWIC is the National Association of Women in Construction. Our Controller Dena is a longtime member of NAWIC and is a past president of the regional chapter.
We are putting the finishing touches on our City of Midlothian New Fire Station #1 project. This impressive 18,000 SF facility was designed by Brinkley Sargent Wiginton Architects. Stay tuned for photos of the completed building!
Here is a photo of our Hurst Animal Services Animal Shelter and Dog Park! We are excited to collaborate with Ron Hobbs Architects on this project.
At our City of Ennis Public Safety Facility we achieved a project landmark, substantial completion in late June – two and a half months ahead of the contractual completion date! The Fire Department has moved in and is already operating out of it’s new quarters. We are wrapping up finishing touches on the building and the Police Department will be moving in soon! We are extremely proud of our work to build this combined police and fire facility designed by RBDR Architects of Waco. Stay tuned for our professional photos of the building!
Our $61M Argyle High School Phase II project has been going strong and Assistant Project Manager Bradley reports that foundations for all five additions are now in place. Structural steel work is wrapping up in the classroom addition, field house and gymnasium. The new football field and track are nearly ready for the surface to be applied. Site paving is 75% complete. The administration addition is now enclosed and being prepared for interior finishes. The new auditorium and band hall roof is approximately 50% complete and windows are being installed in this area. Great job to our entire field team for their leadership on the project!
We recently hosted a tour of one of our K-12 schools for the new principal and PTA president! Being able to see the classrooms and walk the halls helps school leadership transition to the new school.
Our Tarrant County Juvenile Detention Center project is progressing. Building pads are taking shape and forming connections to the existing building. Thank you to Field Coordinator Jordan for the update!
Superintendent Mauricio stopped by the office and we caught him trying on one of our new cooling and sunblocking neck gaiters. Stay cool out there everyone.
We are wrapping up our work constructing the City of Ennis new public safety facility! Finishing touches are being completed inside the building and the exterior will be complete in a couple of weeks. With combined police and fire components, this 38,000 SF building will be a hub of service to the Ennis community. We are proud of our work in collaboration with the City of Ennis, RBDR Architects and the entire project team.
We’d like to introduce you to our new Superintendent, Manny. He has decades of experience. Manny got started in construction by helping his grandfather who was also superintendent on construction projects.
Please help us welcome our new Superintendent Duane. He has more than 35 years of experience including special expertise in structural steel and concrete systems, as well as ICF (insulated concrete forms) construction.
We’d like to introduce you to our new team member, Mark. He is a superintendent with more than 30 years of experience. Mark is already at work on his project job site making big things happen for our client. Welcome, Mark!
We are well underway at our Fort Worth ISD North Side High School project. Project Manager Chace reports that demolition and earthwork for the automotive shop addition have begun. Abatement and demolition are ongoing in the cafeteria and classrooms. Demolition and renovation are ongoing in the chemistry and life skills areas. The physical science labs are nearing completion. We are proud to work with WRA Architects. on this 119,000 SF renovation which has a budget of $25.2 M. This is our second project at the school. We built the culinary program addition a few years ago.
Our crew at the Crowley ISD Bill R. Johnson Career and Technology Education Center reached a key milestone that we have all been buzzing about (no pun intended). Our CTE Team placed this brightly colored airplane in a grand double-height space above the lecture stair area. This real plane serves as a focal point and also represents the aviation technology program offered at the school. Design by our frequent collaborator, VLK Architects.
There is a lot of action happening at our Tarrant County Juvenile Detention Center project. Superintendent Mauricio reports that electrical service from the existing building has been relocated. An existing power transformer has been replaced. We are prepping for concrete piers to be poured in the courtroom areas and soil is being treated for the court, housing and parking lot areas.
Special thank you to Assistant Project Manager Bradley for sharing this excellent photo of our Argyle High School Phase II project. Design by Corgan Inc.
The dirt is moving out at our Hurst Animal Services Shelter and Dog Park project. Design by Ron Hobbs Architects.
One thing we like to do here at Steele & Freeman is show meaningful appreciation. Recently, Senior Project Manager Glenn Nowell expressed meaningful appreciation for Superintendent Gene’s work on our Community Crossroads project where we are creating classrooms and a playground as well as expanding restrooms and a meeting area. Glenn said Gene “gives the project VIGOR!” We’d like to give some kudos to Glenn for doing a great job on the project as well and for living out out Fundamentals by showing meaningful appreciation to his teammate. #TeamTeamTeam
As an essential business, we are pressing on with our work to build several schools among other projects. One of the sayings you hear in our office is “The kids are coming,” because we know – the kids are coming and the schools must be ready. This year when schools re-open, the kids will be more excited than ever to get into their new school spaces and see their friends. We are proud to help make that happen. Special thanks to Superintendent Sam for this beautiful photo of a concrete pour for 600 SF of paving at our Argyle High School phase II project. #ThisIsWhyWeBuild
SUBCONTRACTORS: As an “essential business” we are pressing on with our projects employing every safety measure to protect our staff, subs, clients and partners. We have an opportunity this Thursday for subcontractors to bid on our $14.4M Crowley ISD High School Athletics project – deadline 2PM.
Use www.buildingconnected.com to submit your bid from a safe distance. As always, plans and specs are available on our online plan room: https://steelefreeman.com/plan-room-2/
Design by VLK Architects, Inc.
Special thank you to Senior PM Brian and PM Miguel for sharing these fantastic photos of our concrete pour at Grapevine Animal Shelter and Adoption Center! Design by Quorum Architects Inc. Our team, including Superintendent Jim oversaw the pouring 270 yards of concrete to lay the foundation for this 13,000 SF facility.
Join the cities of Fort Worth and Dallas tonight at 7PM as they salute essential front line workers. Residents are encouraged to step outside their homes and applaud community heroes that have stepped up during this challenging time. Mayor Price has also asked that you blink your front porch light or make it blue if you can as a special ovation. Here’s to all the essential medical professionals, first responders, educators, construction industry, sanitation and agriculture workers!
We are electronically bidding our $40M Fort Worth ISD South Hills High School project this Thursday, April 9th! Use www.buildingconnected.com to bid electronically and keep a safe distance. As always, plans, specs and a video of the pre-bid meeting are all available on our online plan room: https://steelefreeman.com/plan-room-2/ Design by Jacobs & Associates Architects.
This project includes 80,000 SF of added square feet and 44,000 SF of renovations.
Hats off to TX Whiskey Distillery and the folks at Pernod Ricard! They are using the Whiskey Ranch facility that we built for them a couple of years ago to make much-needed hand sanitizer! http://www.fortworthbusiness.com/news/tx-whiskey-has-a-new-mission-hand-sanitizer/article_0da9667a-746c-11ea-9127-bfcdafaf7dfd.html