WE ARE HIRING! Steele & Freeman is currently accepting resumes for a Safety Director with 10+ years of commercial construction experience. Bilingual/Spanish is preferred. We are proud to have been named a “Best Company To Work For in Fort Worth” for the last four years! Send your resumes to email@example.com. Direct hire only! Recruiters will not receive a response. See below for the full job description:
The Safety Director is responsible for ensuring the overall working conditions, compliance with local and corporate occupational safety and health regulations, and procedures. Responsibilities include building support through aligning with operations to develop vision and strategy to enhance our Pro-Active Safety Program. reporting to the leadership team, this position will lead the SFI’s Pro-Active Safety Program and development of our team members.
Major Duties & Responsibilities Include:
- Directs and administers specific functions of the Pro-Active Safety Program for the company.
- Creates, evaluates, educates, and administers the Pro-Active Safety Program deployment on projects.
- Conducts surveys, evaluations, inspections, and investigations of incidents and activities; communicates the same to appropriate entities within the organization.
- Ability to create and effectively deliver safety training.
- Excellent leadership skills relating to management of a large team of professionals – including delegation, optimal deployment of resources, and development of team skills.
- Partner with the organization’s senior leadership to ensure alignment of the safety functions to the business objectives, create organizational level strategies to support safety programs for team members, clients, and subcontract partners.
Additional Duties & Responsibilities:
- Refines working knowledge of safety programs by applying safety procedures.
- Participates in monitoring and controlling safety standards.
- Prepares, maintains, and retrieves records, reports, or documents that may be required to meet corporate or regulatory requirements, including monitoring application of OSHA Safety Standards.
- Promotes safety awareness and fosters this awareness throughout the company, project, or office.
- Promotes an Incident Free Environment (IFE) and cultivates SFI’s culture between team members, clients, and subcontractors.
- Participates and develops safety initiatives with SFI Safety Committee members.
- Participates and provides representation in local, external safety organizations as well as outreach within local construction industry forums.
Key Skills & Abilities:
- Be A Leader: Proven ability to share visions, build team support and drive action through excellent communication and influencing skills.
- Team, Team, Team: Willing to challenge and be challenged to effectively partner with all levels of operations (from the project delivery teams to senior leadership) to achieve an IFE.
- Invest In Relationships: Build relationships at all levels of the organization through a genuine care for life; approachable and transparent.
- Be The Expert: Ability to critically analyze data to identify trends and translate results into action through innovative thinking.
- Regionally Connected: Demonstrated ability to build and foster relationships with regional partners (subcontractors, clients, and competition). Bilingual/Spanish preferred.
Job Skills & Abilities:
- 10+ years of experience in the safety profession, specifically supporting large commercial construction projects in diverse market sectors.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or 15 years’ experience in the commercial construction industry.
- Good computer knowledge and efficiency, including but not limited to, Microsoft Office products.
- Great understanding of commercial construction and general industry.
- Holder of an OSHA 500 Train the Trainer certificate or the ability to obtain in first 6 months of employment.
- CHSO certificate for Construction and General Industry or the ability to obtain in the first 6 months of employment.
- First Aid/CPR Certified Trainer.